Since 1938 it was planned by the Cooperative of Ranchers and the Board of Trade to establish a livestock fair in Guaimaro and to make up the Exhibition Park, the Cooperative acquired a land southeast of the town that belonged to Lamas Almanza and crudely built the stables, the rodeo area and the other facilities.
One of the promoters of the idea of the show was Heriberto Fernandez Virtus, Spanish settled in the village and livestock blooded, this man presented the idea that the porch of the Fair be a triumphal arch.
For the opening of the first fair held in January 1939 it was cut a ribbon in the same place where the Triumphal Arch of the entrance to the Exhibition Park would be lifted.
From the second fair in 1940 until 1950 the triumphal arch of the entrance to the Park exhibition was more fictitious than real and it was made up with several levels until the decade of the fifties one of the politicians in the authenticism nationally Tony Varona managed to deliver to the holder Board fairs the amount of 10 thousand pesos and agreed to build the final Arch of Triumph that marked the entrance to the Guaimaro livestock fair exhibition park.
The arc design was proposed by the rancher Heriberto Fernandez Virtus as an image and likeness of one that existed in his Spanish hometown and with that design the master builder Manolo Castillo and the bricklaying laborer Abel Valdivia built it at a cost of 2,000 pesos.
The triumphal arch was built with two towers, a balcony inward to make speeches and opening ceremony from there and in the front, a stepped parapet with the image of Fort Mella. This was inaugurated at the fair in 1950 on its 12th edition.
The Triumphal Arch of the Livestock Show is for Guaimaro citizens one of their identity tangible symbols and it is still there majestic clearing the entrance to the Exhibition and Shows Park in the easternmost city of Camagüey.